We accept the love we think we deserve.

Friday, June 10, 2011

Update: Gallstone

Tuesday morning I had surgery, I got my gallbladder taken out. I had a gallstone measuring 17mm and it had been really painful for me the last 7 months. While I had work off I thought it would be a good idea just to get it out. Cj took Tuesday off so he could be with me. My mom met us at the surgical center. This is me before..


I was super nervous but I knew everything would be ok.


This is me after...



I look pretty pathetic in this picture. I was still waking up and on lots of pain meds. The surgery went really well. Cj said they were really quick it only took them 45 minutes. My gallbladder was diseased, they said it has been for about 2 years, so I guess it's a good thing I got it taken out.


Here is a picture of the gallstone they took out.. Sorry it's kinda gross.






The last couple days I have just been laying down, sleeping and taking it easy. I've been really bummed lately b/c the weather has been SO nice out! And I cant enjoy it b/c it's hard for me to sit up on my own.


Cj has been taking such good care of me! I was completely surprised on how much he wanted to be there for me and help me. He has been such a great hubby. My mom has been really great too. I'm lucky to have my family around me to help me feel better. I'm so thankful for my family and Cj who have been taking care of me the last couple days. I hope everyone has a great weekend.


P.s. Thanks ladies from work!



1 comment:

  1. That sounds miserable char! I'm glad things went well for you though!

    ReplyDelete