We accept the love we think we deserve.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Don't Sweat The Small Stuff at Work!

Today was for sure a Monday, busy, busy. Lately I've been reading a book called "Don't Sweat The Small Stuff at Work" and it has helped me so much! It has helped me to stay focused on the patients, when I get frustrated just walk away and take a deep breath. Today was hectic and some people were a little off and not working as a team, which can be really frustrating when we all need to work together! But I did what I was supposed to and tried to "NSTSSAW" (Not sweat the small stuff at work).


You know sometimes it can be really hard to have a smile on your face all the time and try to act like everything is ok, when it's not. Let's just say I've cried a lot this week. At work I was trying my hardest to be me, be happy and be kind. Even if I was sad, or frustrated with the people that I work with, I'm trying really hard. While I was closing the blinds in the Doctor's office and Dr. Keith was in there just finished up for the night and he says, "Do you know what Char? A patient told me that you were one of the nicest people and that they were grateful for your kindness." And after he told me that, it made everything feel ok. He always tells me things I need to hear at the exact moment I need to hear it. Like if I feel like i'm having a bad hair day he ALWAYS tells me "Char, your hair sure looks pretty today." He is one of the greatest people on earth.


Sorry for me venting tonight, I think it's good to talk about and get it off my chest. I'm so thankful for my family, and for Cj. Even when things are rough at times, we're always there for one another.



1 comment:

  1. I know exactly what you are talking about! Working at a doctors office can be so frustrating sometimes, I have co workers who don't help with the team effort and it makes work hell sometimes. Do you work for an Ob/gyn too?-ha I just read your about me while I was typing that-Pediatrics could be frustrating too! Do you see new babies? I hope you had a better day today!

    ReplyDelete