We accept the love we think we deserve.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Lazenby shout out!!

After I posted my post about sweet Krew. My friend Krystal (Krew's mom) sent me a text that Krew was needed emergency surgery. It broke my heart hearing he was in the ER and then needing emergency surgery due to a umbilical hernia. I was lucky enough to visit him in the hospital while he was drugged up on morphine. Haha But he was a brave little guy with anesthesia. So sad to see him all hooked up to the machines!



Just going to give a shout out to one of my best friends Krystal. She is such a strong person/mom! She has gone through so much with all of her kids the last year. I totally look up to her, and admire her as one of my best friends!

Sunday Cj and I were able to help out with her two older kids. Seriously some the cutest kids you'll meet! I guess they love chilling at my house.


My house usually isn't kids friendly, but we have a lot of electronics , I guess now a days that's kid friendly? Gavyn and Cj played FIFFA on xbox, while Mckenna took care of her pet bird on the kindle. 


Kenna walking Olive to the park.


We had some fun walking to the park close to our house. Kenna LOVED walking Olive on her leash. She's so cute. After the park, we walked over to the Maverick by our house and got some treats. Then after that, it was lunch time. Cj was starving and wanted Burger King. I got Gav a BOY kids meal, but I guess they didn't hear me on the BOY part. So they gave him a girl toy. He was not happy at all about it! :( I felt bad, but it was too crazy to drive back to BK to get him a boy toy. Kenna and I got some crisp burrito's at taco time. 

That same day we were getting a new sink. New people+children+Olive=Olive can be a crazy dog. So I had kids crying, and dogs barking due to new people being in our kitchen. It was a very eventful day! 

Krew is home now and doing well! Thank goodness! I love the Lazenby family.

Cj was going through some old boxes to find a CD for his broken computer? Anyways, he found some old pictures that I have had framed. I miss the young Char!


Here is Jen and I! I was probably 17 years old? This hairdo was my high school days :)

I would just like to share a picture of how stinking cute my little boy cousins are!


Here's Andrew and Caleb, brothers growing up and getting so big!


Today at work I got the sweetest card from a patient! A NICU baby who came to our office and needed Synagis shots and extra visits. His mom gave me sweetest thank you card. She thanked me for being such a great nurse, and for caring for her child. After reading this note, it made my day. You can get very attached to the NICU babies and their special needs. I am one who can get very attached. Her note made me feel so much better as a nurse. This is what being a nurse is ALL about. Taking care of the patient and just treating them as if it was one of my children. I currently don't have any children, but I still love kids. One of these children especially places a special little place in my heart. 

I absolutely love my job! Taking care of children can be so rewarding. Kids are hilarious, even when they aren't feeling good. But I'm here to help (so is Dr. Clayton) when they aren't feeling so good. I feel so blessed to work with Dr. Clayton as his nurse and I love working with the kids!


Olive sometime's loves me :) She seemed pretty moody  today b/c I had to take her to my parents b/c we had a leak in our closet. Long story short, we have had no water. Olive doesn't like the plumbers, So I decided to just drop her off at my parents house before work. I guess Olive just always seems super grumpy. :( 

1 comment:

  1. Oh Char we love u so much too and the kids had a blast hanging out with u! I don't know what I would do without u in my life!! <3

    ReplyDelete